Thursday, February 01, 2007

Exporting BAM Activities from Excel 2003

When creating a BAM activity. I wanted to export it to XML.



I get this error: Invalid procedure call or argument



I have read in this BAM FAQ ,that this is problem is due partly because of a security patch from Microsoft.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa972199.aspx


However, when I followed the instructions to get the patch installed, I get this error message:

Installation Error: File not Found
A required installation file SKU111.CAB could not be found




However, looking at my installation CD, I can't seem to find that particular CAB file. Then I found the Microsoft Knowledge Base 896885 addressing this issue. It has to do with the installation CD that was used to install the product. Apparently the customer here installed the office product with the retail version, and I am running Enterprise version.

Office Professional Enterprise Edition 2003 SKU011.CAB
Office Professional 2003 (Retail) SKU111.CAB
Office Professional 2003 w/ InfoPath (Retail) SKU1E3.CAB

Running the LISTool did not fix the problem. I had to re-installed with my Enterprise version of Office in order to get Excel patch correctly, so that I can export the BAM activities to XML. What a pain.

No comments: