Thursday, March 15, 2007

GUID should contain 32 digits

If you are calling a Store procedure that accepts GUID's as parameters, you will need to initialize those parameters to a valid GUID, before executing the ADO command.

This is the error you will find on the event log:

Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

to solve this, you can either initialize the GUID to Empty:
GUID paramGUID = new GUID.Empty();
or set the parameter to the string:
GUID paramGUID = new GUID("00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000");

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well thats not working for me. please give some other way to sort out this problem. In my case, i am trying to integrate my already developer website into another application.
The error msg is same as you specified about Guid.
So let me know if you have any solution..

Arnulfo Wing said...

I am not sure as to your project specific settings. One thing you might want to look is at your SQL store procedure's input parameters. Is the field define in your SQL table as a UniqueIdentifier? If it is, and you still can't figure it out. Then give me more details on the piece of code you are having problems with and I would try to help you.

thanks,