The installer has encounter an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2869.This is an RTFM issue. ;) According to the documentation of December 2006, it mentions that this error is because of the UAC (User Account Control) of Vista. They also provide the work around: Run the MSI installer from a VStudio Command prompt that has elevated privileges (Run as Admin).
To install the Service Factory on Windows Vista
1. On the taskbar, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, and then click Visual Studio Tools.
2. Right-click Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
3. Using the Change Directory (cd) command, navigate to the folder where the .msi file is located. For example: C:>cd users\me\downloads.
4. Run msiexec.exe using the following syntax.
msiexec /I "GuidanceAutomationToolkit.msi"
5. Complete the remainder of the installation as described in Installing the Service Factory.
the path to these set of instructions can be found on the CHM file:
Web Services Software Factory - December 2006
----Installing the Service Factory
--------How to: Install the Service Factory on Windows Vista