Monday, January 22, 2007

Biztalk weird error in Vista

I was doing a simple training for this developer. Then I added a very simple webservice to be called from an orchestration. The first time I ran it, it worked fine. So I went and refactored it. By refactoring I meant deleting web service reference, re-adding it. Recreating new Configured Port on the ODX, etc. Then all of a sudden, I could not deploy this orchestration anymore.

It will compile correctly, but it will fail on the deployment with this error:

Error Error 6 Failed to add resource(s). Change requests failed for some resources. BizTalkAssemblyResourceManager failed to complete end type change request.

Could not save the log to HTML file
"C:\Users\Arnulfo\AppData\Local\Temp\BT\PID4848\BizTalkAssembly\Update.log".

Exception: '',
hexadecimal value 0x1F, is an invalid character. '',
hexadecimal value 0x1F, is an invalid character.


Funny thing is that I did not have the BT\PID4848 directory. So I went and created it. Then I got this error:










I will dig this a little bit more. It is strange than by just shutting down the IDE, it does not fix the problem, but rather it gives a different PID number now.

I will update this blog when I find this culprit.

I have tried restarting the host from the IDE:

No comments: