Thursday, May 03, 2007

BTW, ThumbPosition DOES HAPPENS..!!

So my life revolves around DebugView. I used it constantly when debugging Biztalk or Web Services. It is a great tool to have.

Then one afternoon, I am running MOSS on a VirtualPC 2007 (64bit) of course, and doing some weird calls from Vista into my VPC, when out of the blue, I see this message showing up on my debugview console:

MSEnv extensibility IClassFactory::LockServer(TRUE), lock count: 1 MSEnv extensibility IClassFactory::LockServer(TRUE), lock count: 2 MSEnv extensibility IClassFactory::LockServer(TRUE), lock count: 3 MSEnv extensibility IClassFactory::LockServer(FALSE), lock count: 2 MSEnv extensibility IClassFactory::LockServer(FALSE), lock count: 1 %s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s %s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s ThumbPosition got called! That never happens. %s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s


That's very strange, or should I say WTF?... A search on Live.Com give me a link to the scroll event types, ScrollEventType Enumeration.

I wonder which developer wrote this assert.!!

Anyways, my environment is Vista Enterprise 64bits, VStudio Team Suite with SP1, MOSS 2007, in case someone finds the same error.

It's a conspiracy man..:S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got this too. Checked the process id and it came from MSN Messenger!

Arnulfo Wing said...

great.! Thanks for the info.